vrijdag 26 februari 2021

Plus 1

This time it is not about my cancer, my treatment or how we are coping these days. 

This time it is a blog about how incredibly grateful I am. I know, that is sort of on repeat... I am really grateful on a daily basis. But heck, I am really grateful to have found yet another awesome company to work for! 

Don´t get me wrong. 50 Degrees North is still very much highest up on my list of absolute favourite companies to work for. And as soon as this whole pandemic business is, well, better, I am sure 50 Degrees North will be able to welcome loads of new guests on our fantastic trips. And they better count me in when the action starts again as I am ready to be back as their operations coordinator! 

In the meantime, I have been fortunate enough to come across Momento Eduction. They were looking for local coordinators for their foreign exchange students. On a freelance basis. 1 job + 1 job = a very happy JJ!

After a great Teams job interview with the Momento program manager last week, I got the call today that they would like to offer me the job! I guess it comes as no surprise that I happily accepted. 

What it entails to be a local coordinator?
Well, basically it means a lot of chatting and making sure everyone is happy. And if they are not happy, do your best to make sure they will be happy again. Momento has local coordinators in different regions in Norway, hence the local. These coordinators are the contact people, the go-to people for the exchange students in that area as well as the host families. As more and more 16 and 17 year olds would like to experience the wonders and adventures of Norway and its culture, Momento (we!) is always looking for new host families. It is also the task of the local coordinator to find even more suitable host families for the new Momento exchange students. 

My new job adventure will start with kick start meetings and getting to know each other (all digitally of course) and the procedures over the next couple of weeks. 

I really am very excited about this new adventure! I guess I better brush up on my Japanese and Italian! 

Ciao for now! 

Geen opmerkingen: