donderdag 18 maart 2021

Someday

... we can travel again. I so long for that day. Nearly every day Mik and me play GeoGuesser just to have a bit of that feeling of travelling again. I guess more people are experiencing that feeling in these strange pandemic days.

Anyway, yes: I have been a bit quieter than usual on my social media the past weeks. It´s just that I totally didn´t feel like sharing or didn´t know how to share my feelings of not wanting to be here right now but wanting to be out and about. Without having a care in the world. No worries about when the next CT scan is planned or what the onco will say about the results of all the tests. Plus I am so fed up with having chemo every single week. 

Up until a week or 2 ago I felt I could all take it in my stride. Just get on with it and it´ll be alright. I don´t really know what happened but I sort of lost that feeling a bit. Not that I go around being all depressed and not happy with the world. It´s definitely not that. But there´s this heavy feeling in my stomach (yes also caused by the chemo) that I wanna be out there and do stuff and make grand memories. I feel like I am very much on the clock and this pandemic is stopping me from making these grand memories that Mik and I had thought out. 

I know, it´ll all be better. Someday. But I feel I am running out of time waiting for someday. 

Even though I might have been quiet, stuff has been happening here. Remember that I got this new freelance gig for Momento Education? Well, they´re not called Momento anymore, but they now go under the name FRAM Education. This is news hot from the press and the website and all will be rolled out over the next few weeks. But what this means is that what used to be Momento Norway is now an independent company in Norway called FRAM Education. I have had some online meetings with them, but that´s about it. I guess when the new school year starts plus when there will be exchange students in this particular region, the work will pick up. 

Plus I got this short but sort of happy (though very short) call from my onco. Remember that I had this liver biopsy done in Oslo early February? Well, even though the IMPRESS study is not underway yet, the IMPRESS research team already did their thing with researching my biopt and it might just be that I fall within that narrow margin of 5% that qualifies for immune therapy. No certainties yet and there is still further screening that needs to be done, but it seems a small step towards a new treatment! I know, I have got loads of practical questions regarding this too, but the onco didn´t know anything more as it all depends on when the research study will actually kick off. 

Stuff is underway, stuff will start happening and I just need to take care of myself and the fam and practise patience. 

Patience, right. As if... 

Here´s to warmer weather, less pandemic and more someday! 


1 opmerking:

Unknown zei

Hang in there! Stuff will start happening soon... And indeed, until then, take good care of yourself and make memories with Mik when and where you can! Bug hugs!